••• I have nothing against Ondo D’Gov – SSG
A group known as Ondo South Women Progressives forum has petitioned the commissioner of police in the state and the Department of Security Service over alleged plans by the Secretary to the State Government, Princess Oladunni Odu to mobilise some women across the state to stage protest in support of the impeachment process against the deputy governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa by the House of Assembly.
Princess Odu has however described the allegation as untrue and baseless, “capable of tarnishing one another’s image because of elections.”
President of the group, Mrs. Ojune Mabayomije also alleged that the SSG, Oladunni Odu had made available fund to mobilise women as a pressure group to give credence to the impeachment move of the state house of assembly “as instigated by some cabal in the political caucus of the governor of the state, Rotimi Akeredolu.”
She said “This latest move by the SSG is clearly inimical to the subsisting court injunction that ordered for a hold on impeachment process of the deputy governor, therefore the need for security agencies and political leaders including leaders of thoughts in the state to call to order and checkmate Princess Oladunni Odu, anyone other person or group of people who may be planning to truncate the peace in the state through fake and baseless protest against the deputy governor of the state.
“Convincingly, this development is a clear confirmation that the call for impeachment of the deputy governor is orchestrated by political leaders who are scheming to contest for the next gubernatorial election and are scared of the formidable political status of Lucky Aiyedatiwa who has been a loyal and submissive deputy to his principal over time.”
••• I have Nothing Against Aiyedatiwa – Odu
It is amazing how much mud has been thrown on the Secretary to Ondo State Government, Princess Oladunni Odu in recent times, especially since the process to impeach the Deputy Governor, Lucky Ayedatiwa started, and for any serious minded person, it is clear that authors of the reports who are clearly uninformed put together reports which demean the level of intelligence ascribed to the highly educated, highly exposed and very knowledgeable people of the state.
It is obvious that authors of those write ups operate on the same level as their sponsors, and at this point it is necessary to call them to order, ask them to deal with whatever issues they have and stop looking for people to link their woes to.
Every serious minded and right thinking citizen of Ondo state knows that Princess Catherine Oladunni Odu is a responsible, decent, reserved woman who avoids joining issues with anyone no matter the level of provocation.
She is royalty and is therefore guided by the need to conduct herself with class, honor and distinction
At this point it is necessary to state that anyone who is conversant with governance in Ondo state will know that;
1. Governor Akeredolu loves his Deputy too deeply, so much that no human being could possibly come between them. He has never hidden his unquestionable love for his Deputy.
2. Since assuming office, Governor Akeredolu rarely skips his annual leave, and each time he was on leave he would hand over to his Deputy through communication to the House of Assembly and thereafter give the Acting Governor a free hand to run the state.
3. While the search for a Deputy Governor for Governor Akeredolu’s second term was on, he made it clear to all that his choice of Deputy would be done solely by him without interference from anywhere, so the mischievous writers must understand that Hon. Lucky Aiyedatiwa was the Governor’s beloved ally.
4. Most of the issues raised by the House of Assembly for the Deputy Governor’s impeachment are issues around his job , and so could not have been influenced by anyone.
5. It is therefore important to appeal to political jobbers to stop maligning the person of the SSG, and linking her to the Deputy Governor’s travails.
6. We wish to emphasize that the SSG respects the person and office of the incumbent Deputy Governor and would never do anything to bring his person or office to disrepute.
7. We must deliberately avoid heating the polity with unfounded, baseless reports capable of tarnishing one another’s image because of elections.